Monday, May 14, 2007

Assignment 5, Exposure

This week we learned about exposure lock. Our assignment was to shoot a subject in the bright sun, under a lamp, or in front of a big window. We then had to compensate for the underexposure, or overexposure by adjusting the exposure on the camera, or by using the exposure lock function. The exposure lock function allows you to focus the camera on a certain subject, lock the exposure at that, then reframe your subject to take the desired pic. For instance, in the first pic of Ainslee, she looked really washed out, so I pointed the camera at her pudgy, cute little arm, locked my exposure, reframed her cute little face, and retook the photo. Thus I got the after result. With the flowering Yucca bushes, I wanted to capture not only the cool bushes, but also the amazingly blue sky in the background. When I took the first pic, the blue of the sky wasn't as crisp, so I pointed the camera at the sandy ground, locked my exposure, reframed the bushes, and Wala! This assignment was very challenging for me, and it took a lot of tries for me to get the results I wanted, but it was very fun, and I learned a lot! Now I'm not so afraid of taking pictures in the bright beautiful sun!

BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER






No comments: